Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The Eve.

One more hour and Mr. Macho will be on Thanksgiving holiday. I want to take this quiet moment to do a little thankful reflecting...
This year is one that will, for me, go down in infamy. A back issue started just after Easter and didn't let up until the fall...and finally led to surgery one week ago...
In the spring, and again two weeks ago, Father-in-Law experienced some severe dizziness. This time it was accompanied by total deafness in his left ear and some numbness in his left leg. One visit to the E.R. and an MRI later and we still don't know the cause...
These are life changing and defining moments for us.
I am ever so thankful that the back surgery went well. I have had a multitude of prayers, many calls and cards, some visits, flowers, and a few meals sent my way. It lifts me up. It makes me feel so cared for. Especially when all three of my children check on me so frequently to make sure things are going good for me. My heart stays warmed by those three offspring of ours.
And. I can never say enough about the one person that has gone above and beyond, with no complaints whatsoever. Mr. Macho. With absolute patience and his endearing humor he has cared for me.
I have tried to repay him by not asking too much and never complaining. I am so thankful. And, my friends, that might just be the winning understatement of the year.
Tomorrow the two of us will sit at our table and enjoy a Thanksgiving meal, ever mindful of what is important and what we are so very thankful for. Friday children and grandchildren will fill our house with love and noise and blessed chaos. For this I am truly thankful. For family. For love that is so noisy it fills all the cracks in body and soul.
My hope and wish is that you have someone to share your meal.
Thank you, God, for what we have received. It is enough. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment