Sunday, November 30, 2014

Giving thanks. Still.

Sat in church this morning just letting the gratitude flow. I glowed with good thoughts about being on this side of my surgery and all the good and happy time we got to spend with our children and grandchildren over the past few days. Warm, fuzzy, good thoughts were running rampant.

Today at the end of November and the first day of Advent it is sunny and warm. Leaves are blowing and falling, still. It looks like fall and feels like summer. Ah. My south. I do love it. Who knows what weather next week will bring?

Mr. Macho is in overdrive. He is washing clothes, vacuuming, cooking dinner. Bless his heart. It has been a study in patience for me, this letting him do. He is very insulted if I try to direct. It isn't easy, this keeping my mouth shut. I am really trying, though.

 I am going to leach out and soak up all the gratitude I can muster today. Wallow in it a bit. Let it blind me to the little things that that aren't getting done. Allow gratitude to shut off the complaint valve that is itching to point things out. This is me - letting it go.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment