Tuesday, December 13, 2016

In this moment.

This day has arrived. That little fog that visited on Thanksgiving morning? It is back. All around. Today Mr. Macho and his two sisters will sign papers on the sale of their father's house.

Sunday we drove over so Macho could bring his lawn mower home. We looked in the house one last time. I stood in the back yard and thought about the memories of it. I was thankful for all those times we were one big family in that place. I was thankful for all the shelter it provided over the years. I said goodbye.

Yesterday I spent the day preparing our house for the weekend. I tweaked my decorations. I baked another batch of Belgian waffles. I have enough. I am almost ready.

The family will gather this weekend. We will celebrate. We will remember. We will be thankful.
Peace on earth. Good will toward all.

No comments:

Post a Comment