Friday, December 30, 2016

Old acquaintance be forgot?

I guess there are some old acquaintances I have "forgot". Tomorrow night we will sing and say goodbye to this 2016. I have already heard from many voices that they feel 2017 will bring peace and goodness. I have posted a new challenge on my refrigerator. It says...

"This year
Break a bad habit
Learn a new skill
Do a good deed
Visit a new place
Read a difficult book
Write and send a letter
Try a new food
Take a risk"


And so these are my resolutions. I am going for the Nannybee 2.0. Upgraded version. The new and improved, better me. Why not? Put myself out there on a limb. Go for the gusto. Adventure!

***
Yesterday we drove to Daughter's house and enjoyed a good visit with her and her children. It was the last important item on my Christmas bucket list. We ate at a Tex-Mex restaurant. And, as usual, so many chips were consumed that when the real food arrived we were all full. But we all stopped eating and brought home 4 go boxes. 

We made a quick trip through the Bed, Bath and Beyond store with the kids in tow. Found one of those Christmas light projectors for 50% off! Next Christmas our house will be dressed in red and green polka dots!
***

I am about to run to the gym before I clean up and hunt the groceries. Just a few basics to get us through until the middle of next week. We are actually eating out tonight and tomorrow night. 
But. Come Sunday...pork, greens, and black eyed peas. 
Tradition!!!

*****
Mr. Macho fixed my leaking toilet. My Christmas joy has been multiplied. I woke many a night to the commode refilling itself. And now? Silence. Blessed silence. 

 We will bring in the New Year among old and new friends. We will eat and dance and, hopefully, come home at a decent hour. I am 60 now. I am not even going to pretend like I want to stay up late. 
Perks of getting older. 

Happy New Year evahbody! May it bring peace and love to you. 
Namaste. 


No comments:

Post a Comment