Thursday, December 8, 2016

Senior discounts here I come!

I have been so busy this week that I have not posted. Now I can't find the words to describe what a blast and a surprise last weekend turned out to be.

A week ago...has it already been a week?...we left town Thursday afternoon and spent the night with Out of Town Son. It, so nicely, breaks up the trip to the coast. Plus the fact that we get to play with Cecilia. She is so curly and cute! DIL had fixed a very nice meal...we all went to bed early and awoke leisurely Friday morning. Because - Son had told us he had taken the day off to finish Christmas shopping.

We drove down and arrived at Mom's around noon and picked up some salads and Wendy burgers for lunch. After a quick visit we headed over to The Bay. (Bay St. Louis.) We unpacked the truck and enjoyed visiting with sisters and brother in law. Then we went for a stroll around town...met up with an old friend, that happens to be a priest stationed in Cuba...and visited with him. We had 6:00 reservations at a nice local restaurant (Bacchus) and so when the time came we got ready...only sister doing the visiting with Fr. Gilbert was dragging her feet. She and bro-in-law finally got themselves ready and we were off.

I just can't do justice to how absolutely, totally, and completely surprised I was to walk into Bacchus and see all three of my children, a daughter-in-law, and 7 out of 8 of my siblings!!!!! I had emailed and invited everyone but no one had responded. The sister that wasn't there had already told me she just couldn't get away - and ended up having terrible shingles (I am not saying the two are related!) Sister Paulette was non-committal about the weekend, and I wrote her off. Brother Peegee had been down the weekend before and I was so sure he wouldn't drive down the very next weekend. I. Was. Wrong.

There were many times that clues were accidentally dropped. And. In hindsight I don't know how I missed them. But. I did.

Brother Peegee donned a birthday crown on my head and I had a birthday sash to wear. The dinner was great, the waiters were fun, and then they brought out a huge 6 layer chocolate cake!

I felt so special, loved, celebrated! There was a parade in The Bay on Saturday - I loved it's local flair! We attended a great gospel mass at the local smaller church.

Oh. And. I won't go into details, but there was a autocorrect texting scare. Those involved will know what I'm talking about. Thank goodness - alls well that ended well on that one!

Mimi and Daughter stayed up late chatting Saturday night until some random dude knocked on the door and scared the bee-geepers out of evahbody. It was crazy. Mimi called 911 and the police came. Then it took a while for our legs to stop shaking and to settle down again. Whatanight.


Friday night and my second birthday cake. (The first one DIL made and we ate it Thanksgiving weekend.)

Sisters and Daughter waiting for the parade on Saturday.

Late lunch at the Blind Tiger on Saturday. 

Peyton and I share a birthday month. She and her family came over to play on Sunday.

Monday (my actual birthday) I had lunch with Mom at the White Cap.

On Tuesday my girlfriends treated me to a chauffeured ride to Patricia's house for a super special birthday lunch. Sparkling wine, chocolate strawberries, veggies and edemame hummus, three tiered chilled salad, homemade rolls and herb butter, and butternut squash stuffed homemade ravioli. 

Cake #3 - chocolate cabbage cake. 



Oh. My. Goodness. Am I 60? Doesn't feel different. Yet. I will say that I am going to own the senior discounts now. Save that 35 cents! I am feeling 60 and sassy! Might as well. It sure beats the alternative!

I just want to keep this love light glowing! I love my peeps! Thanks a million.
Be sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment