Friday, December 22, 2017

Christmas vacay...

So. Over the course of last weekend, whilst the grand chilluns were here, my angles' attention kept getting redirected. It brought back memories of my childhood and how we used to rearrange the Nativity set according to where we thought the cast members needed to be. With so many siblings, you can imagine, positions changed hourly. The funny thing here is that last weekend, somehow, the angels kept re-centering on the one with the broken wing. Mind you, none of my angels are fancy perfect angels. They are well worn and some are down right different. I like angels that way. Isn't it poignant that they ended up honoring the broken angel? There is a lesson here. 


Out of Town Son and his wife gifted Macho with a drone. The first one was defective and the replacement arrived yesterday. The battery on this one charged nicely and Macho nearly had lift off in the kitchen. The weather is frightful outside and it is hard waiting for the inaugural flight. But wait we will. New kitchen + flying drone = disaster. 
But. He is tickled with this drone and looking forward to earning his wings. 

I gifted Macho a canjo. It is a one stringed banjo with a can. This can happens to be of the Prince Albert variety. It came with a pick and a song book with music for a canjo or dulcimer. And. 
He is having fun with it! What a treat to see him enjoy this instrument!

Macho hung my new wind chimes for me today. Sadly it is a calm day and they are silent. It is a large set of chimes and they make church music. 

My second batch of Christmas waffles are being cooked as I type. I'll take some down to Mom next week. Maybe put some in a pillow case and hang 'em on a nail in my closet. That is what I learned last year from some dear cousins. My uncle, their dad, would hang his waffles in a pillow case. They thought it sacrilege to freeze the family waffles. I confess, I have been know to stick them in the freezer. Every time I make a batch I think, "This is the best batch I've eve made". This batch is no different than the rest, but I think it is quite possibly the best batch I've ever made! 

We thought we finished all our in town errands yesterday. Only for me to discover I am almost out of moisturizer. Ugh. One more trip to town and we will try to make it fun. Keep up our Christmas cheer. 
You do the same. Keep your spirits light.

Shalom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment