Thursday, December 14, 2017

Phone dump...

Don't exactly remember the date of my last post. So here is what has gone on lately....
Garden club presentation? Check. Had much help from a dear friend. We tag teamed this bitch and got it done! And. It looks mighty good if I do say so myownself. 

December 8. Deep south snow. So unusual anytime. Much less before winter is officially here. 
It was gorgeous. Then it was gone. Best. Kind. Of. Snow.

It snowed more in my rural area than in town. So. I was surprised to get home to this when it had already melted while I was hunting the groceries.

Picked my basil pre-frost. Then. I made the pesto. 

The drive over to T-town Saturday morning was gorgeous. The snow was still in the woods and it was early. The sun coming up and shining on all the white in the woods was marvelous, wonderful, Lord of Lords! King of Kings! Yes. It was that moving. 
Helped Daughter at her art sale. Well. I didn't do anything but sit there and lend moral support. She did all the work. It was fun. The venue was small. And indoors. And the hosts provided a good bathroom and tasty brunch snacks. 
Win. 

 Christmas traditions are being checked off the 'to-do' list this week.
I hope these taste as good as they smelled whilst I was cooking them. 
I give most away to our offspring. Keep just a few for Christmas morning coffee. 

 Learning new scarf tie techniques this week. 

Christmas oranges. Another of our family traditions. 
It smells like Christmas now. 

Yesterday I got to attend Cecilia's Christmas program.
She was the cutest snowman ever. 

Hit the ground running today. After a quick trip to church for a good 40 minutes of Christmas meditation...I ran through the grocery stores to pick up items needed to get us through the weekend. 
And now? 
George Michael and Mariah Carey are keeping me company while I construct the gumbo.
If you haven't heard it yet, ask your Siri to find Wham's "Last Christmas" and Mariah's "All I want for Christmas" and just try to keep your feet still.
You're welcome. 

Holy trinity. It's gettin' very spiritual around here. 

More kitchen constructions this afternoon. 
Bunko and dirty Santa with my church peeps tonight.

Shalom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment