Sunday, December 31, 2017

Five years and the eve.

The year ends softly. 
It has been a good one.
Tonight? I am looking at the moon, full and bright, and thinking about five years ago.
New Year's Eve was my Dad's last night on earth.
He died in the early morning hours of New Year's Day, 2013. 

For the next several New Year's Eves I lit a paper lantern and sent it off into the night sky in remembrance of Dad. This year? I did not buy the paper lantern.
However, I did find two old sparklers leftover from my 60th birthday a year ago.
So. In remembrance of you, dear Dad, I sparkled. 





From the song, Stardust, by Hoagy Carmichael...

Sometimes I wonder why I spend
The lonely night dreaming of a song
The melody haunts my reverie
And I am once again with you
When our love was new
And each kiss and inspiration
But that was long ago
Now my consolation
Is in the stardust of a song


My peace fill your home in the New Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment