Sunday, December 3, 2017

Under the weather

On the way home from senior mass and brunch on Friday I stopped to snap this photo...


I texted it to Mom. This is where she went to college. It is my alma mater, also. She graduated in 1941. There was a legend about the ginkgo tree. I'm not sure if this is still the same tree, but it might be. Anyway. The colors on College Street are still loudly proclaiming fall. 

I had been swallowing with a scratchy throat for several days. I didn't feel bad until I got home. Then I just laid on the sofa for the remainder of the day. Whatever perkiness I felt Friday morning disappeared. 

Saturday I wasn't up to snuff but Christmas decorations were calling my name. Macho said he would help when he finished his yard work. I waited for a bit. Then I realized that I was at the best I was going to be all day. I could not wait for Macho to finish. So up in the attic I went to retrieve the decorations. 



The pencil tree I bought two years ago is easy for me to handle by myownself. And so I did.
I even got 2/3 boxes down by my self. I commenced to decorating. Macho finished the yard stuff and came in to assist. 

He put his ornament on the tree. Yes. This one is specifically his. 
Handcrafted by our Daughter with materials from his Dad's house. The sentiment is advice from her Granddaddy to more carpenters than we will ever know.   


These are my Christmas angels. They are not fine or rare.  Some were very inexpensive. One was a gift from a client at the tax office where I worked for a dozen years. One belonged to my Aunt Eleanor. One came from my mother-in-law. Two I found in an antique store. The most precious angel was made and hand painted by our first granddaughter. 

This is my view from the sofa today. After church we opted to come home and stay put. I am following the EMCC Lions on Twitter as they play for the National Junior College Championship. 
We are winning, so far. 

I am feeling better. 

Go Lions!

Shalom. 



2 comments:

  1. love it and love your eclectic angels! Like heaven will be, probably, more eclectic than we imagine now :) also, the carpenter quote, how special. I hope you are feeling better!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erin, I am on the mend. Love your "Brothers" video. Wishing you a happy Advent and a Merry Christmas! Love you.

      Delete