Wednesday, December 20, 2017

O Little Town of Bethlehem...

"...Above thy deep and dreamless sleep
The silent stars go by..."

I love the family shot. Here we are with our offspring. And their offspring. All present and accounted for. It was one of the best Christmas family gatherings ever.
I wish. I wish I could freeze the picture of each grandchild as they opened their gift. It felt like every one was a home run. The baton the Millie got was a hit! Lauren seemed pleased with her iTunes gift card and Tucker, in his understated way, exuded warmth when he opened the Seahawks hat we gave him. 
I have to save the best for last. It was the most precious reaction and I knew she loved it right away. Our Merritt loves the "Annie" movie, and all things "Annie" right now. She had requested from Santa, no less, the old version of the movie since she had not seen it.
When she opened our gift a smile lit her face. She fell back on the floor and just could not stop smiling. I knew. It was the best thank you I think I have ever seen. 

"...Yet in thy dark street shineth
The everlasting Light..."

Peyton and I shared some Christmas reading. She humored me and we read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" together. Then I read another book to her - "Bright Christmas, An Angel Remembers" by Andrew Clements. She listened intently. And. I cried through the entire book. It is one of those especially sweet poignant Christmas stories. 



"...While mortals sleep, the angles keep
Their watch of wondering love
O morning stars together
Proclaim thy holy birth
And praises sing to God the King
And Peace to men on earth."




No comments:

Post a Comment