Thursday, December 15, 2011

Change of opinion.

Okay. So the TJ Maxx store has been in town for a couple of months. Before yesterday I had been in twice for reconnaissance missions. They were not fruitful and I remained an unbeliever. (Cue the dramatic interlude.) Until yesterday. I was on my way to the super store that will remain unnamed when I made a quick decision to check out just one store and then give up looking for the raincoat I wanted. I wanted the raincoat to wear to Aunt Evelyn's graveside service. That way I wouldn't have to seriously look for new funeral clothes during the holiday season and besides, I don't think I have ever owned a real raincoat. Rationalizing? Yes.  I stopped by the local JCP. No luck there. Pitiful selection.
The new Max store is right close to the JCP and on a whim I whipped into the parking lot. I found the quintessential parking spot so close to the store it caused me to say, "It was meant to be" (thank you sweet daughter-in-law for that happy parking mantra.) It was a sign that destiny and merchandising were coming together. Then I performed my  usual good deed of pushing a stray store cart back inside the store and was greeted by a surprised employee that, I think, could hardly believe that I just did that and didn't even need the cart. Well, you have a special day, too! I could just feel the Happy Shopping Fairy sprinkling successful shopping dust over me. Good warm fuzzy retail feelings began to tingle.
Then while I was perusing the coats I was joined by a very sweet other-coat-searching lady that was chatty. She was most complimentary as I tried a couple of coats on in front of the store mirror and everybody. So, you see, the entire atmosphere was charged with electric shopping vibes. There were actually a few contenders on the rack...I was about to make up my mind for a nice bright red trench style rain coat when loandbehold! there it was - my coat. I knew it from the moment I tried it on. It felt like my coat. It is a lovely olive color with  lighter contrasting lapel and cuffs and a removable lining. And the price was right. And now it is mine. Good job TJ Maxx. You have converted me.

No comments:

Post a Comment