Friday, December 9, 2011

That Christmas feeling...

I am all about the no-stress Christmas. Sometimes it is a little sad that there are no longer little children in my house whose Christmas joy depends on what I do. On the other hand I am released from that "my heart is walking the tightrope" feeling.
So today I am going to try to do a little Christmas shopping. For Christmases past I would start shopping in August, as soon as the children would start back to school. And now I get later every year with my shopping. And I like it. Mr. Macho has always done his shopping at the eleventh hour. He says, "I don't go shopping, I go buying." True. He asks for my lists, and doesn't veer from it. I love the guy, and in complete open disclosure - he is not imaginative.
Gift giving can become an art form. Sometimes I do a good job. Only sometimes. I like to give the small thing that says, "I know who you are and I know you will wear/use/love this item." Sometimes I miss the mark and give everybody - wait for it - socks. Yes, I have been through 'sock Christmases'. Just ask my kids. When all else fails, buy socks. Fun socks. But, yes, socks.
Today I promise to try my best to make shopping an adventure. I am excited just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment