Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ring in the New Year.

Ahhh - New Year's Eve. To say it is a beautiful day is an injustice. The sky has been so blue and it is 63 degrees. La Nina is causing mild flavored holidays around these parts. Mr. Macho and I took down the Christmas and put up the Mardi Gras. Already.
A calm is coming over me after reclaiming my house from the clutter of Christmas. I have a huge pot of red beans cooking on the stove and it is smelling pretty good.
We actually received an invitation to a dance party this year to bring in the New Year. We declined - mostly due to a little sore throat virus that I am kicking.
The New Year will arrive on kitten's feet at our house. We will toast out the old year with cheap bubbly and maybe light up the house with some candles to make it feel festive. 2011 was a good year. It brought good things - like our new granddaughter.
My resolutions are few and small. I resolve to try and use more coupons. I cut them out and then promptly forget them. I will try harder. I do not want to do ultimate coupon-ing - that is crazy.
My other resolution is to try and be more flexible. I have started today. It entails letting things go and realize that I do not have to be in control all the time. That is a tall order for me. I will try. I really will.
And those are my resolutions.
 Happy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment