Tuesday, January 3, 2012

And here we go...

We are back to earth. After the rocket trip through the holidays everyone I know and love went back to work today. Our alarm clock went off at 5:30 this morning. Ug.
The "New Year's workout resolution" crowd did not show up at the YMCA, yet. They will. And fizzle out about March. When baseball practice kicks in. The regulars commented on the absence of said resolvers this morning.
I had an appointment with my hair girl this morning. My coif is rather lovely. Today. Afterwards I collected the groceries. Came home and put on a big pot of vegetable/beef soup on. It simmered all afternoon. The temps dropped low last night and it stayed cold today. The soup was just the ticket. Now I have soup to share. Mr. Macho will take some to work in his thermos tomorrow. I will take some to the father-in-law. And still have soup.
Over the weekend I sewed two baby blankets. Today I started on a matching bib and burp cloth. I was interrupted by phone calls from both sons while in the process of sewing the bib on the machine. Stop and start. Stop and start. It's what I do. Stop and start.
Maybe tomorrow I will get the kitchen and bathroom floors mopped. I wrote it on my "to do" list yesterday. I scratched off three things on the list today. It makes my head feel good to scratch off the list.
The 5:30 wake up is catching up with me. Must get sleep. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...

No comments:

Post a Comment