Monday, January 16, 2012

Quiet day.

Mr. Macho is off today because of MLK, Jr. Day. We woke to a gentle rain and a warmer temp. Exercise is accomplished. Floors are partly vacuumed, clothes are being washed. And I have learned to make a pom pom. Daughter wanted a special hat for Super Carrot and I wasn't satisfied with the original tassel that I put atop the hat. Now there is a fluffy pom pom adorning the chapeau.
Over the weekend out of town Son was here and it sure was good being around him. We checked out the new tractor supply store in town and went to the mall. And watched football. My team wasn't victorious this time. Ah well. Next year. It was most satisfying to cook the green gumbo and have the son enjoy it.
I have worked on a crochet bear. Picked it up. Put it down. Got tired of it already. I've set it aside for now and think I will like it better in a few days. Will show you when I finish.
Here are the latest additions to my fun hats...
Super Carrot's hat sporting the new pom pom!

Little bear hat. 

Newborn acorn hat. 

Little girl pink and green. Love the little bow!
Don't know what promise the day holds. There my be fun to be found somewhere. Right now the laundry is calling my name. I must oblige. 

No comments:

Post a Comment