Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mixed bag.

The week has been a mixed bag so far. Monday night we went to our usual social dance class. We have been doing this off and on for almost a year. We have had lots of fun and good laughs (at ourselves) and learned some dance steps along the way. We are beginners and this month we have learned the basic waltz. We live in a small town and will not get many opportunities to waltz. So what? It is a very elegant looking dance. We are even learning a waltz line dance. You will not believe what a good work out waltzing is. You must keep you frame up and you use your legs to propel you and it will make you sweat.
My YMCA art class started back up yesterday. We worked on contour drawing. We even did a 'blind' contour drawing. It's a little crazy drawing something without looking at your drawing...but it makes you concentrate on lines something fierce. We also did a negative space contour drawing.
After art I treated my sister in town to lunch. Today is her birthday. We ate a the Front Door Restaurant and each ate cream of asparagus soup and a veggie wrap. Sisters. Need I say more? Doesn't that word carry loads of emotion? I have six.
Last night we went to the movies. We rarely go to the movies and almost never in the middle of the week. I had a yen to see "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close".  Five other people were in the theater with us. Today Child A and Child B both asked me if it was a good movie. It was well done and I was totally engaged in it. It wrenched my heart.

I am on sabbatical from the crochet chair project while I have started another. And another. I am working on an afghan...
...pretty bright, huh? Oh and there will be more colors than this!

I learned to make butterflies today. 

I get to drive to Daughter's house and babysit tonight. She and her significant other are going to a Bryan Adams concert. I promised months ago that I would babysit for this concert. It is a school night, so there won't be very much monkey biz-ness. 
Mr. Macho will be on his own for the night. Not to worry. I bought him a frozen pizza and a bag of salad. He will be just fine. I'll be back in the morning - but after he has gone to work. It is fabulous that he is a self sufficient kind of person. 
Packing awaits me.  Adios. 

No comments:

Post a Comment