Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Good will and tomato soup.

I found a nice looking recipe for home made tomato soup online. It involves canned tomatoes and looks easy. I have only ever eaten tomato soup out of a can. Tonight we will be guinea pigs!
More yarn was bought today and two more hats are added to my repertoire...
I am improving the owl hat. Still have to work on the eyes. This size hat is for newborns. Maybe if I make a larger size I will be happier with the way the eyes look. 

I love, love, love the pumpkin hat for a newborn. It is tiny. And cute. And I will start another hat before the day is over. This time I think I will do a brown monkey hat. Not sure. Will show you when I finish. 

The next few days will be busy. My Thursday study group starts back in the morning. I also have a lunch date with a former co-worker. I haven't visited with her in a while and it will be good to catch up with all of her doings. 
I want to insert a commercial here. I follow a blog written by Kelle Hampton. Two years ago her little girl was born with Down Syndrome. Last year for her daughter's birthday she tried to raise a small amount of money for the Down Syndrome Association and the money raised was way beyond the goal she set. She is doing the same thing this year for her daughter's #2 birthday and I encourage anyone who might read this to take a moment to read some of her blog and, if possible, make a small donation. Here is the link...
Enjoying the Small Things: 2 for 2: Pay it Forward
My heart grows and grows while I read her perspective of life and yours can expand, too. Give it a try.
And now I must go make myself feel productive. Put away the groceries that I bought today. Maybe straighten all my skeins of yarn. And scrub the commodes. What a joy. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment