Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Rainy days and Tuesdays...

Multitudes of moods have struck today. Started out good. Sweaty workout. Came home and dove into yet another crochet project and tried my angel painting again - with some success. Was getting some alone feelings this afternoon - you know - I don't have any friends feelings, only not too terrible. Just enough to harsh my creative buzz. Got some clean sheets on the bed. Scrubbed my bathroom sinks and toilet. Washed and folded some clothes. The up and down feelings were getting a little haywire-ish. I was walking the rim of the dark hole. Not really. But I did feel a case of the blues sneaking up on me.
Finally made it to the shower. And then the tide turned. It felt so good to be clean. It was a baptism from the funk. It was all okay when I got out. The phone rang and it was a neighbor. Granted she was asking if I had heard about a neighborhood break-in. But it was human contact. Then Daughter called. More contact.  Plus Daughter makes me laugh more than anyone in the wide world. The earth righted itself and I felt evened out again. Oh. And then I looked out my kitchen window and saw a patch of daffodils blooming. A girl just can not stay all bluesy with daffodils in her back yard. Its true.
I did this one yesterday. 

You can scroll to an older post to compare this second attempt with the fist. I am pleased with both. Sorry this photo is a little fuzzy. 


Right inside our garage door- in the kitchen - is the refrigerator. I have started leaving messages for Mr. Macho on the dry erase board that my grandchildren love to draw on. Just for fun. I am trying to change it frequently but sometimes the message stays for several days. It has caught his attention, and I think he likes it. 

My sisters are planning a girls at the beach weekend in February. The planning is getting fun and specific. There will be singing and movie watching and beach walking and karaoke and even a fiesta night - among other things. During the 1990's my family would get together at the beach every other year. Did I tell you my family is gi-normous? (That is whole 'nother episode.) At a very young age my children understood and declared that it wasn't an official family reunion unless we had the three essential elements - 1. singing 2. arguing 3. crying. It is good to have something to look forward to. 
Peace out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment