Friday, January 27, 2012

Pattern resurrected.

Within the last two years Daughter and I went through the few items I had saved from her childhood. I wasn't smart enough to have preserved anything and she picked only an item or two to hold on to for posterity. The rest she said to throw away. Well I just couldn't. And here is a picture of the little sundress I made for Daughter when she was a toddler. I have had it in my closet and just could not part with it...

You can see the stains on it. 
Great idea for that old Christmas gift wrap - use it to make patterns. I didn't still have a pattern for this little dress so I made one - being sure to add a little extra for the seam allowance. The result....

This is such an easy pattern. It takes about 3/4 yard of fabric, 3/4 yard of lining fabric, thread, and two buttons. That's it. 

I had a good visit with Mom and Dad on Skype. They are getting over bad, bad colds. 91. They are the original Energizer bunnies. They just keep on going! Anyway, somehow we got on the subject of old pictures. Mom was talking about what a dashing man her dad was in his WWI uniform and lo and behold I had a photo of him in that very uniform. Long story... years ago I "borrowed" one of their  photo album unbeknownst to my parents. The storm named Katrina destroyed their home in 2005 and all the photographs along with it. After the storm I admitted that I had "borrowed" the photo album and they and all my siblings were so glad I had. A small part of our pictorial heritage was saved in the form of a purloined photo album. Today I showed Mom and Dad several photos of her and Dad and my aunts and uncles that Mom had forgotten I had. She wants them back and I will take them back to her. After I copy them all for myself. I have previously given my siblings some of their own baby photos and other youthful pictures.  Isn't life funny? I never dreamed how precious these photos would be when I took that photo album. Originally I had intended to copy the photos and return the album...time got away from me and I just had kept it. 

I did get some grocery shopping done today but got sidetracked by the little sewing project. This time my groceries really are still on the kitchen floor. And it is almost time for Mr. Macho to get home. I am going to neaten things up right now. Adios. 



No comments:

Post a Comment