Friday, January 20, 2012

Thank goodness for scented candles.

Yesterday I put some ground beef in a pot to brown. Slowly. The sister from Virginia had requested a skype earlier in the day and I was just sitting in this same spot crocheting up a storm when she skyped me. I was enjoying the conversation and had to interrupt it to go turn off the meat, lest it burn. Ahem. Conversation resumed and we were chatting at a pretty good clip when I began to detect a certain suspicious odor. Excused myownself a second time to double check. Long story short - instead of 'off' I had turned the burner on high and my plans for Picadillo for supper went in the garbage. The house smelled pretty nasty even after exercise this morning. Thus the nice scented candle, which has cleared the house of the essence of burnt offerings. Ahh.
Back to crocheting. Found a really neat project on Pinterest yesterday and am copying the idea. Will post a pic when I finish. It involves a certain piece of furniture. I am happy to report that I have learned to make a granny square and have discovered that there are multitudes of ways to make granny squares. Am currently making sunburst granny squares. And I like them.
The rainy day is a good excuse to be in here working on my crochet project. I will make it to the Piggly Wiggly this afternoon for more ground beef. Picadillo is on the menu. There will be plenty so share. And I promise it won't be scorched. This time.
Be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment