Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pea soup.

Saturday Mr. Macho and I went to town. We ate lunch at the new Bojangles chicken place. Not bad. Then we shopped for containers for all my yarn. It is getting a bit old seeing the yarn spread all out in a spare bedroom. Now I have it neatly packed in see-through containers that will fit nicely under the bed. Yea! And I started back on the teddy bear that I am crocheting. I like it again. I knew I would.
Sweet Pea came over to our house in the evening. She is fun.

This morning we awoke to fog thick as pea soup. After church we put our jeans on a headed over to the lake to try and snap some cool shots. Mostly to play with this high falutin' camera that I have. There is always something at the lake that catches our interest. When our kids were little we would hike the nature trail all the way around. Here are some of my pics...


Cedar by the lake. 


Spellbound by the fog. Fog is such an interesting element. Mr. Macho explains it with science (dewpoint and temperature). I just like the mystery of it. 

Hand stand tree. 

Tree reflection. 

See the raindrop ripples?


Favorite tree reflection snap. 


Foggy lake reflection. 

 Some reflections are as accurate as the original and some reflections get all squiggly. 

I don't know what this is. It was on a bush that also grew tiny cones. 

Winter left overs from summer. 

Old hole. 

Mossy log. 

Cedar standing guard over the picnic. 

Log in the water. 

This may be my favorite snap. I like the pine framing. 

The dam road that leads behind the lake. 

The trees were dripping and I had to keep my camera inside my coat when I wasn't taking pictures. I will keep playing with the camera. Maybe one day I will know just how to use it to its fullest advantage. 
Now on to the playoffs...football afternoon. Already planning and looking forward to Super Bowl food. Go team! 

Evening time. Storms are on the horizon. Am praying the night passes peacefully and all are safe. 

Here is a sneak peek at my finished bear and unfinished chair project.
I have learned and will do a better job on the next one. My first attempt isn't so bad, though. 

Will cover every inch except the bottom of the legs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment