Sunday, July 22, 2012

Get out of jail weekend.

Belated snaps of the bounty from Uncle Jay's garden. The okra and tomatoes that I cooked on Monday were delish, as were the peas. 

Pot full of goodness. We ate some. I froze some.

Peas and peppers. 

*****
Friday evening I met Son-in-law at the Piggly Wiggly for the weekend drop off of Lauren and Tucker. When we arrived home I had a container full of things for "scrap booking". Both Lauren and Tucker got very into it and throughout the weekend worked on their projects. This is a keeper idea. I will add to the scrap book container for them to use on future visits. 

We policed the area, but I really didn't clean up during the weekend. That way they were able to start and stop at will. 

Sometime after 3:00 a.m. Saturday Tucker appeared at my bedside because of the thunder. Sleep was lost. I am still looking for it.
We had made a date for Saturday morning with our dear friend, Kathryn, and drove over to check out her farm animals. Kathryn is a plethora of information and a wealth of kindness and generosity. Many thanks for the farm tour. Lauren and Tucker seemed delighted to see the horses, cows, barns, and random crawfish. Lauren wanted to know if she had chickens, and where were the pigs?!

Lauren feeds the horse with Ms Kathryn. 

Mr. Macho enjoyed the farm visit, too. He was pleased to see some old timber in one of the barns that had been salvaged from his grandfather's old house years ago. 

Tucker takes his turn feeding China. (Or is that Lady?)

Fun times in the barn. 

Wild animals in cages. 

Mr. Macho tries to explain the chute to Tucker. 

Checking out the crawfish. 

Friday night's heavy rain probably washed this big fellow out of Kathryn's pond. 

Only one cow stood for us while we visited. The rest were all laying down. 

A boy and a mud puddle. 

The only hospitable cow. 
****
Saturday afternoon we took the kids to see the Ice Age movie. Mr. Macho slept through most of it, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Saturday evening we went to eat at the Little Dooey's. 

Lauren and her granddaddy. 

Me and Tucker. 
****
Midnight Saturday. Another bedside visit. This time by Lauren. The ant bites she acquired at the farm decided to start itching. She tossed and turned. She twitched and itched. I tried Dr. Tichener's. I tried some 20 year old calamine lotion. Finally I made a paste of baking soda and water and applied it liberally to both her itching feet. She was back to sleep in two minutes. I, on the other hand, spent several hours looking for the Sandman. More sleep lost. It was adding up on me.

After church this morning while I was reading the newspaper in the kitchen - Lauren and Tucker went back to work on their "projects". The next thing I knew Tucker was in the kitchen minus the front part of his hair. His story = Lauren told me to. It was botched beyond repair. I was panicky, knowing how his Mom and Dad love his long hair. Especially his Dad. I quick took a picture with my phone and sent it to Daughter fearing her reaction lest she arrive any minute and find him shorn. 

This is what Tucker did to his hair. (Reference this with the above pic at the restaurant.)

Playing on the porch. Waiting for Mom to arrive. 

I let Lauren and Tucker each take a series of photos. They dictated what expression we were to wear and then they snapped the shot.

Lauren's photos...

Scared. 

Sad. 

Tucker's snaps...

Angry.

Happy.

***

The Hair Cut.

We started with #4 and had to go to a #2. 

Trying to even the hair. 

Sampson loses his locks. 

New do. Ala Uncle Craig. 

Tucker and Merritt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment