Monday, July 2, 2012

Shots of the weekend.

The family arrive in bits and pieces on Friday evening. The gathering of the clan. All children were present for our annual Juneteenth. All three of ours were born in June. Thus, Juneteenth. Mr. Macho had taken off Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday to help with organization and clean up. He worked like a Trojan. I flitted around and got a few things accomplished and much cooking. Friday night we did the traditional telling of the neighborhood stories. Poor children-in-law sat through but another session of our silliness. Good times, man. Wish I could share some, but the names would have to be changed to protect the innocent. 
I got most all my little "to-do's" finished before the guests arrived. That included sewing hems on two red checked table clothes. The fabric even has ants printed all over it. Very cute. 

Fold out table to help accommodate the numbers. In the new den. 

New bed arrived at the 11th hour. Just in time for Out of Town Son and wife to spend the night not on the floor. Bedspread not here, yet. So I topped it with what I am referring to as my "construction afghan".  Due to the many hours I sat in my bedroom to stay out of the way of the sheet rockers/electricians/painters - I completed the afghan. It is coveted by some. 

Me. Along with Sweet Pea and the Divine Miss M. (Otherwise known as Merritt the Super Carrot.)

Merritt wears her Cherios well. 

Breakfast club. 

Saturday night. Old den. 

Same. 

New den. Two sweet daughters-in-law. And Sweet Pea. 

Son-in-law and Son in Town. 

No ants picnic.

Happy eating! We served taco dip, humus, brisket, rolls, green beans, cole slaw, fresh tomatoes, banana pudding and watermelon...

...eating of the watermelon....

...out of doors. 

Merritt and her uncle, Son in Town.

Cousins. Lauren and Sweet Pea. 

Cousins. Whitt and Merritt. 

Nanny and her girls. 

Sweet Pea and Whitt playing under the walker. He is a crawling dude. I was amazed at his upper body strength. He is a G.I. Joe crawler...mostly with his arms. 

Merritt in her July 4th onsie. 

*****

All in all it was a good weekend. Good food. Lots of family. I hope this is the first of many happy memories made in our new space. 

***


No comments:

Post a Comment