Monday, July 9, 2012

Super Mom Succeeds.

*I am reposting a series of emails between me and Daughter. It began as an email entitled "Lunch". I thought they were funny. I hope you do, too.

Me: Will you be available to lunch with me tomorrow? Tuesday?
Daughter: Yes.  Putting it on my calendar now.  Where u wanna go?
Me: What do you suggest? 
It's your birthday (lunch).
Shake your booty.
Daughter: I am thinking Newks. I haven’t had it since the day that we found out about Merritt’s milk problem.
Me: Then Newks it is. One of my faves. I read a Fox News article about breast feeding this morning. Nothing new. Same old 76. 
Does 76 = B.S.?
Daughter: I don’t know (she says,, as she is pumping)
Me: After pumping Audrey got up and saved the world. Because that is what Super Moms do.
Daughter: Ha. After pumping, Audrey got up and went to Target.  When in doubt, go to Target. 
Me: Target was where most super heroes shopped. And she knew it. It was hot and she was on a mission.
Daughter: (By text) Changed my mind. Bells. Belks.
Me: OK. Had to read in tandem. 
Daughter: Aha! She thought, as she pulled into a close parking space. It was meant to be.  The key to her destiny lay somewhere within the mighty fortress of Belk.
Me: "I will find it!" She thought as she raced through the isles, knowing that the clock was ticking.
Daughter: And find it she did. There was nothing practical about the sequined plum wedge platform, but she knew in the instant that she saw them that they must be hers.
Me: Suddenly Audrey began to have a strange tingling sensation up her spine. Then it hit her! She had the distinct feeling that her mom would repost this entire episode on her blog. She reacted with her very own super mom powers. She did the one thing that she knew would save the day...
Daughter: She realized that this is how it must be.  After all, being a lunch break super hero has it's responsibilities.  And with the greater good in mind, she entered the Starbucks with a frappachino on the horizon.
Daughter:*parts of this story may have been fabricated
(Daughter came up with a fabulous alternate ending but it didn't pass the FTC "G" rating system and so will not be included. But oh. It was hilarious. Take my word for it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment