Saturday, February 23, 2013

Another Saturday night.

Saturday rewind. Up early, again, for Mr. Macho to go to work. I have spent the day piddling. Well. Mostly crocheting. I've been working on a baby afghan and another multi-colored afghan. Sister Marsha saw a cute bag that I pinned on my crochet board - a bee bag. She emailed yesterday and asked if I would make her one. Was going to the market yesterday anyway. Picked up the proper yarn. And voila!

A bee bag. 

***
The week in review: twas a bit of a roller coaster. Daughter had the wackiest week ever. Don't even ask. I am hoping it has ended on a good note for her. She participated in a walk that is helping raise money for the fight against cancer. Her college roommate's mother died a short while ago from cancer of the pancreas. I believe her dad may have died from cancer, also. 
It always makes me feel better and I hope Daughter has had her heart lightened today by doing something nice for someone else. 
She even bumped into a cousin at the cancer walk. Bonus. 
***
I think that Sweet Pea is coming over this evening. Though I have not heard from Son in Town today. He asked a few days ago if she could come over while he and Sweet Pea's Mom attended the football banquet. I said sure. Haven't heard from him since. Anybody's guess. Will she be here? Stay tuned.
***
I am about ready to start doing some spring cleaning. Some of my possessions need to find a new home. Some just need to be shifted around right here. Chairs need to be put into the attic. Folding table needs to find a bed to lie under. That will mean moving the existing 'under the bed detritus'. Its the domino effect. 
***
I made the enchiladas this morning. They are for supper. I will probably make some spanish rice to go with them. What will sit on your plate this evening? 
***
One more thing.
I want to give a little shout out to Daughter-in-law Out of Town. 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 
In your honor, a little quote from the good doctor. Seuss.

 In Katroo, every year, on the day your were born
They start the day right in the bright early morn
When the Birthday Honk-Honker hikes high up to Mt. Zorn
And lets loose a big blast on the big Birthday Horn.
And the voice of the horn calls out loud as it plays:
"Wake Up! For today is your Day of all Days!"

I, for one, am glad she was born. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment