Saturday, February 16, 2013

Whataweek!

It was a good start. Last Sunday afternoon Mr. Macho and I revisited an old movie favorite - "Moonstruck". A good beginning to Valentine week. The movie was even funnier than I remembered and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The characters were so melodramatic. I had forgotten that. Each one was just the right person for the role. It was so Italian. So, so funny.
We have danced three night this week. Our usual Monday lesson. The second of three private lessons on Tuesday night. Again last night at a Valentine party with our dance friends.
Tuesday was Mardi Gras. We had a nice Italian meal before our dance lesson. He had spaghetti and meatballs and I had a pasta a la creme dish. Both pretty good. Except I find that many restaurants go far too heavy on the basil and the spaghetti ends up tasting sweet to me. I prefer a more savory spaghetti sauce.  In honor of Fat Tuesday we split a hot fudge brownie a la mode. Then we danced it off. No really.
Thursday - Valentine's Day - Son-in-Town and his wife came over with Sweet Pea. I cooked a pasta dish - Johnny Marzetti. It was pretty yummy. That Sweet Pea is all over the place. She is a bizzy girl.
***
We are up early this Saturday morning because Mr. Macho has had to go to work. There is plenty around here to keep my busy. I have been ignoring house cleaning duties in lieu of crocheting. I am working on two afghans right now. A baby one. And a lap blanket size one. I continue to look for new projects. Love the challenge of doing something new.
****
The last of the 'visiting siblings' is at Mom's house this week. She will leave on Sunday. The newly hired helpers started on Thursday. The will help Mom with cooking, shopping, and household chores. They will also drive her wherever she needs to go. This is the best solution for now. Mom is learning to Skype. I am glad. Dad and I were in the habit of Skyping daily. I miss that. I miss him.
***
The Super Carrot can say my name. And lots of other words, too. Tucker wants the Conclave to pick him as our next Pope. I agree. I think Lauren's Girl Scout Troop is finally getting their act together for this year. She continues to be a budding artist.
***
More things than you can imagine have presented themselves this week. Some things that I am not prepared to blog about. Challenges that need to be worked out. Challenges that need to be championed. And conquered. And we will conquer them. Daughter this is to you - we will conquer them! We will prevail. Love will be our guide.
***
Peace. Be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment