Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February wanes.

Not much time left in this month. Hard to realize that Dad has been gone for two months. Still miss him. Still. And always.
***
Sweet Pea did, in fact, come over Saturday night. She entertained us with her rendition of "Hush Little Baby Don't Say a Word". And we read books. And we spelled her name with the letters on the building blocks. She's a smarty. She wouldn't eat much supper. And on the way home got sick. She told her dad, "I spilt on my pants". I think her friend, Izzy, spilt at school earlier in the week. I have felt a little queasy the last two days. No spills here, though.
***
I did my usual exercise at the YMCA this morning. On the way I wore a light jacket. No scarf. No gloves. It was comfortable.

My car inspection sticker needed updating. Took care of that today. Along with the oil change. My man says I am going to need a new bat-ry pretty soon. 

After the oil change and a quick trip into the Lowe's the temperature took a nose dive. The wind picked up. I nearly froze my noonies off getting my purchases into the car. I bought an outdoor chest - assembly required. And I bought a piece of trashy yard art. I knew when I saw the object d'art that it was mine. I'll post a snap tomorrow. You will like it.
I did assemble the chest. All but the top. That actually required more muscle and more hands than I had available. So. When Mr. Macho came home he snapped that lid right on for me and we carried it out to the patio. Done. And done.
***
Our dance lesson last night was grueling. Our tough task master, "The Stupendous Robbie", cracked the whip and worked our little dancing shoes off. We cha-chaed into oblivion. Not really. We did work on our leg work and turns. Alot. The second hour we worked equally hard on our rumba. We are getting better. Next month it is on to the meringue and advanced cha-cha. Heaven help us.

***
This evening I thought I was being all 'top chef' like and putting together a quick spinach dish that we would enjoy. I had some cream cheese that needed eating, a little sour cream, a can of spinach, some garlic powder, a dash of tabasco, and a shake or three of parmesan cheese. Half of us thought it was yummy. The other half put his back in the bowl after tasting two tiny bites. So much for innovation.
***
Out of Town Son called and is planning to come up for a visit this weekend. His sweet bride is traveling to visit her sister. I will be glad to see him.
***
Have a lunch date on Friday with a sweet friend. Catch up time. Fall right into our comfy friendship after not seeing each other for months on end. 
***
Hope your week is progressing nicely and your February has been especially fun. Get ready to kiss it goodbye. Wonder, will March come in like a lion or a lamb? 
Be sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment