Monday, March 18, 2013

A quick recap.

Friday I got to drive over and enjoy Tucker's performance in his first grade play. I must say that he did a stellar job in the starring role of the Troll. Star quality in that boy! His future is so bright we need to wear shades.

The weekend was kind to us. Merritt spent her fist solo sleep over at our house. The entire weekend was way better than I had anticipated. I had expected wailing and gnashing of teeth. To my happy surprise, there was little to no crying. Bedtime was a breeze. Nap time was just as easy. She ate well.

We forget how short an 18 month old's attention span is! And why, oh why, do we spend millions of dollars on so many toys when all you need is an empty bay leaf bottle, an empty yogurt container, and some free Mardi Gras beads? Those three items kept the Super Carrot occupied for the majority of the weekend. And walking around the house. The weather was so very cooperative. And so we played outside at every opportunity. We opened and shut the gate and just walked around the outside of the house. Over. And over. And over again. We would stop and take note of a bird. Or a dog's bark. Or the rocks on the ground. And then repeat.

Merritt, The Super Carrot, DDS. She looves to brush her teeth. 

She wants to brush her own hair. But she doesn't want a bow in it. Out comes the barrett, which she called a bow. 

I should market this. If parents and grandparents would only realize. Take that money and put it into a college fund. Give the little kids empty plastic containers. Give them things to put in and take out of the containers. Then sit back and watch them work it. 

Who can resist a good rock?

The back porch. She ran the length. She hid behind the rockers. She got a little jiggy with my Dollar Tree solar bee. The bee met it's demise. Ah well. There are more where it came from. A Dollar tree solar flower has already taken it's place. 

All clean. In her pj's. She loved the little rocker. Which actually came from her other grandfather's house. 

On the ride home this girl "couldn't hang no longer"- a favorite quote from a random mother at the Wal-Mart that Daughter and I ran into years ago. 
****
I have to run the disclaimer that the weekend was made extra successful by the complete cooperation of Mr. Macho. He was totally into it even though the Carrot would hardly go to him. He wondered aloud why she is scared of him. He uses a big, stern voice. That's why. Plain and simple. I told him, "You scare most all little children." 
***
We wrapped it up by driving Merritt home. That's where we found her big sister totally engrossed in scheming to capture a leprechaun. It was rather ingenious the trap she set. She had set a penny and a bowl of Lucky Charms in an old wire basket on her patio. I hear she had some fancy schmancy traps in her bedroom, too. Ah, that girl. I love her whimsy. And her plans. Always planning. 
***
And the new week begins. Much house cleaning to do. Again. And crocheting. I was so happy to find the color of yarn that I needed at the foreign Wal-Mart yesterday. My local store is very patchy with their selection. It is always a hit and a miss. Mostly a miss. Now I can finish the little round pink and green rug I had started in January. 
***
Dance class tonight. I need to stretch my back out good during the day. I slept super well last night but know the old back needs working out the kinks. What kind of kinks are you working out this week? Doing any spring cleaning? There are things in my house that must leave. This week is as good as any to send out the old junk. Think I will make that part of my plan. And on that note, I am off. 
Be sweet. Do your best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment