Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cough.

I am tired of the coughing. It has been a weird little respiratory infection. Started in the chest and mostly stayed there. Not a lot of nose blowing. But hurting sinuses is one symptom. I started running the humidifier two nights ago. Morning wake up routine includes gross stuff. Nuff said.
***
We had an enjoyable weekend with most everyone one here. Son-in-law and Out of Town Daughter-in-law were absent and missed. Sweet Pea and Super Carrot are warming up to each other. They hugged. A lot. There was a little shirt pulling that went on. But we were effective in keeping it to a minimum.
Lauren brought with her the school volcano project. She meticulously mixed the paste. She carefully applied the strips of newspaper. At a certain point we employed the blow dryer to speed the process. The final touches were applied after they went home. She Skyped me Sunday night to show off the completed volcano. Great job, kiddo!! Loved the dinosaurs. Nice touch. I believe the volcano is due at school today where a chemical reaction will be added. Happy explosion!
***
It was a gorgeous weather day yesterday. It was first Monday and that is when I work in our local soup kitchen. Our numbers were down yesterday. Who knows why the numbers fluctuate? I am getting to know our regulars. They are getting to know me. Some recognize that I have a soft heart and ask me for seconds. We do serve seconds, only after we try to make sure all have had a first plate of food. One little customer calls me Sweetie and asks for something extra with a twinkle in his eye. It may be a medicated twinkle, but he is hungry. Another man will eat as many plates as we will bring him. He is a big man. He appreciates the food. One lady comes in her wheel chair. I have seen her in town riding down the road. In her wheel chair. She can't eat the mixed fruit. She is allergic to strawberries.
***
Mr. Macho is out of town. On business. I went alone to dance class last night. We started beginning merengue. So far it is easy. And fun. Intermediate cha cha was fun, too. I can't wait for Mr. M to get home so I can show him what I learned. He will like it.  
***
Exercise. Clean sheets and towels. Floor sweeping. All on the agenda today. Plus a little book reading and crocheting. Rain is in the forecast. I hope you have a productive day, too.
Be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment