Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thurs. Day.

Where has the day gone? Bunches to do around the house. Yet. I spent the day away from it. Bible study and lunch with my girls. We dined at the CJ Italian Bistro afterward. No crowd. Good visit. Nice muffaletta and tomato soup. My lunch mates shared creme brulee for dessert. I don't eat the sweets during Lent. And so I enjoyed watching them enjoy the yummy looking delight with some raspberry goodness on top.

Before I made it to the Study I was able to pick up our tax return. Glad to have that done. Glad it wasn't bad news. Mr. Macho will be so happy. All the twelve years I worked for the small accounting firm in town he would be so upset that we owed taxes. I was glad to see a couple of the girls I used to work with while picking up the return. One has lost a bunch of weight, broken up with her boyfriend, and is looking really divine right now. I am so proud of her!

After lunch it was on to grocery shopping. Checking out I ran into family friend, Kathryn, and enjoyed a 45 minute visit. IN the grocery store. We always have lots to say to each other. I like her. She knows something about everything.

Then visited father-in-law, who has had some skin surgeries this week. Melanoma. Twice the doctor has taken away. And still has not finished. Lab reports will determine if there is more removal necessary. It is in an odd place, too. Right on his nose. Close to the eye. Only skin, cartilage, and bone there.

One more proud moment this week. Daughter has begun the process of applying to grad school. I am ecstatic. She is smart. She will knock it out the park. I know this.

Looks like there might be more rain on its way. Saturday might just be a good sleep in day. Mmm. That sounds good to me.

We keep trying to win the lottery. Two of my sisters. And me. We pool our little resources and the one that lives in a lottery-ticket-selling-state makes the purchase. Then we hold our breath. One of these days!!!

I am off. Wishing you an early beginning to your weekend! Happy trails to you.
Be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment