Monday, April 1, 2013

April fool.

No fooling. The weekend was pleasant. Saturday's weather was not so bad. Little rain fell. It did not deter Mr. Macho's project.

On Friday Son-in-Town had brought some concrete pavers that he no longer wanted. I had a plan to make a path from side door, to porch steps, to the work shop. Mr. Macho did not like my plan. At all. I was willing to negotiate. He worked most all day placing the pavers into the ground. He did not get finished. But he liked the path once they pavers were set. There will not be pavers leading to the work shop. For the time being, anyway.

***

Saturday I boiled two dozens eggs in anticipation of Sweet Pea coming over to dye them with me. She had a busy social schedule that day. We had planned a date ourownselves. So, the dyeing party did not materialize. Instead, Mr. Macho and I made quick work of coloring the eggs. 


***
Saturday night we were going to try the new steak house here in town. But. They said it was a 55 minute wait. That is crazy. We wanted to take in a movie, too, so we opted for Plan B. The Grill. The meal there was so-so. But. The movie was pretty exciting. We saw "Olympus Has Fallen" - and it was action packed. Too much killing, but think Bruce Willis "Die Hard" and you get an idea of the plot. What made it especially fun were the two ladies that arrived late and sat next to me. Their commentary was hilarious. They cheered and clapped at the good parts and when the movie was over. They warned the bad guys - "Don't do that. He gonna kill you!" And, "Uh-huh. You tell 'em Morgan!" They were an added bonus enjoyment for me. Thanks ladies. 
***
Sunday we traveled east and spent a most pleasant Easter day with Daughter and family. We attended Mass with them.

Daughter and family. My Lauren is getting so grown-upish. 

Mr. Macho and me. 

Daughter fixed a delicious meal. I ate too much. And enjoyed every bite. 

My plate was filled. I went back for some of the Asian slaw. I love it. 

Mr. Macho helped replace a light fixture in Daughter's kitchen. We visited and the kids enjoyed some new little toys we brought them for Easter. $2 toys from the Wal-Mart. We got our money's worth.
***
On a sad note, Out-of-Town Daughter-n-law's other grandmother died on Friday. We were saddened by the news. May she rest in peace. 
***
April. Here we are in the fourth month. Already. Amazing. The sun is peeping through today. The temps are supposed to reach the 70's. It feels like spring. It looks like spring. It smells like spring. Must be spring. 
We have a family-birthday-cookout planned at our house for next weekend. We are looking forward to that. Wonder what kind of adventures I can find in the mean time? Will let you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment