Monday, April 15, 2013

Friday night Mr. Macho and I were hunkered down watching a movie when our doorbell rang. We seldom  have visitors after sundown. It was the neighbor's dog sitter, who happens to be an old classmate of Daughter's. One of the neighbor's dogs had escaped. Had we seen a spotted dog? Why, yes. I did see him/her this afternoon in my fenced back yard. I promptly opened my gate and let him/her out. I did the same thing last week when I found said dog doing his rather unpleasant smelly duty in the flower bed IN my fenced in back yard. Ug. Apparently the dog sitter had called the out of town neighbors and they told her to knock on our door and check our back yard because they were very aware that their dog climbs the fence to get into our back yard. Hmm. No telling how many time their dog has been there without our knowledge. This week I am checking into some new fencing. Nuff said.

Saturday we enjoyed a private dance lesson and caught Mr. Macho up on our tango and merengue steps that he missed last Monday. After that we enjoyed two good little sandwiches at a new eatery. Three Monkey's Pizza. I would not go so far and say they were wonderful or super delicious. But the two girls that were working in there were very peasant. And the sandwiches were good. I would eat there a second time. And try the pizza.

Saturday afternoon Mr. Macho and Son-in-Town assembled a swing set for Sweet Pea. I hung out. Watching and playing with the Pea.

During construction.

Helping while the carpenters were on break. See the screws she is cleaning out? I had to retrieve them quickly lest they get lost in the yard. She was really fast cleaning them out.

We played in this "boat" during the construction phase. We sang "Row, row, row your boat...". Only her words weren't exact. 'Gently' came out skewed and so did 'merrily'. I am a suckered for the 2 year old messed up song/prayer words. Love them. Sing on Sweet Pea!!

Inaugural slide. 

The reward at the end of 6 long hours of "corn-struction" (thank you Uncle Dick!) was Sweet Pea's declaration, "I love this swing!" 
***
And on the seventh day we rested.
***
Monday has had an excellent beginning. A good workout.  Have made a lunch date with my dancing girlfriends for tomorrow. Which means I must cook the two corned beef briskets today. I will take that and some other things I have cooked over to Daughter when I pick up the Super Carrot on Wednesday. 
Got to keep on movin'.
Be sweet.



No comments:

Post a Comment