Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Today dawned cloudy and before I had left the gym the rain had started. It was steady most of the morning. My tree cutting man, Kevin, called and was able to get by before lunch. Probably because of the rain, his scheduled changed. He gave me a good estimate. As did my fence man, Jamie, on Monday. The tree business is good right now so Kevin only promised to have the trees down by the end of May. That is fine, says me. No rush. So. Check. And check. Now I need to contact my concrete man, Jed, and line that up. Repair for our neighbor's driveway that got slightly damaged last year during our construction. And probably a little more concrete for Mr. Macho's barbecue pad.
***
One small afghan project got finished today. Two more await finishing. And a small rug. 

I got floors vacuumed and a little dusting done this afternoon. Yesterday I took down my spring/summer clothes and culled a large amount of them. Things that don't fit. I will take them to the thrift shop tomorrow. I have another box full that I need to go through tonight. 
It just feels good to get small things accomplished. 

Monday I revamped my file cabinet. That felt terrific. Why oh why do I keep all these papers? I sat and shred for hours. I ran across an old letter from Dad. I haven't thrown it away. Yet. I just can't right now. I stare at his handwriting. I might burn it in the back yard fire pit. That feels more reverent than just throwing it in the garbage. I know. It is weird that I think like this.

Tomorrow promises to be busy. I will have things to go do. Florescent bulbs to buy for the kitchen. Groceries to shop for. Bible study. Maybe Friday I will get to clean the bathrooms. Yes. Maybe Friday.
***
Yesterday I enjoyed the company of three fairly new friends. One of the friends was treated for a terrible cancer last year and the year before. She has had good reports this year. I think she goes back in June or July for a check. She is a lovely person. The other two friends that dined with us were equally nice to be with. It was a good, long, wine kind of lunch. Ahh. Friends. I am so enjoying developing these new friendships at this particular time in my life. It makes me feel all mellow and good inside to say that I have these friends. It makes my life richer.
***
I am keeping my fingers crossed. Sistah in Texas has purchased the lottery tickets. Again. This may just be the day. Here's hoping...be sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment