Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Harden not your heart.

Boston. Need I say more? My heart hurts. I am not angry. I do not want revenge. I want hearts to change. That is what I want. I want people to stop hurting one another. I want some magic that will turn the heart of every terrorist into cotton candy. Soft and sweet. I want them to be filled with compassion. I want them to be knocked off their donkey like Saul in the Bible. I want a blinding love to fell them. 

Really. Let there be peace on earth. Let it begin with me. I want love to win. 

***
Our long time friend, A.O., is 84. He has cancer. At first he thought about no treatment. Yesterday the doctor inserted a port into his chest. He will get some chemicals to fight the cancer. 

A.O. is an information man. He enjoys learning. Still and always. Not long ago he asked me about a photography class that I had taken. He had a new camera and wanted to sign up for a class so he could learn to use it. 

He grows some pretty castor plants. They have a delicate fuzzy flower and big dark leaves. The seeds look like speckled beans. He gave me some a few summers ago. I planted the seeds the next spring. I actually got two of the plants to grow. They never flowered, though. 

A.O. carves walking sticks. Out of all sorts of wood. And vines. Friends of his bring him pieces they find out in the woods. Some of the walking sticks look gnarly. He gives them away. I am the proud owner of two A.O. walking sticks. They are treasures. As is he. 

***
Dirty clothes and more news coverage await me. I really should turn off that teevee. 
Be sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment