Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Deep thoughts. (Said with drama and lots of echo.)

Quick survery: How many of you out there has read the entire Left Behind series?
I mean, seriously? Are there not, like, 47 of them?
I read maybe two. Decided it was propaganda garbage. And stopped. Got off that boat.
C'mon. Jesus did not come down to ask if you were going to be left behind.
Figure it out. Be nice. Have faith. Forgive. Talk to God. Without exception, treat others like they were Jesus. With love.
It's tough. You won't do it right. But it is in the trying that you win.
Amen.

These thought were brought on by a gym conversation this very morning. I do not dis' my friends who jump on the Left Behind bandwagon. I just don't buy that line. I am not going to spend waking moments worried about everybody being sucked up but me. I am not going to borrow any of that rapture worry. No thank you.

And this from a champion worrier. That is me. I am a worrier. I am actually quite good at it. It doesn't cause me to loose sleep. I think it gives me a good planning edge. Like, if I think about it long enough I can work out all the details. Be in control. That's me.

But for goodness sake. Please don't tell me the end is coming.
Yes. The end is coming. It is a given. Forget trying to figure out for how long.
Now - go on. Get out there. And live.

No comments:

Post a Comment