Thursday, September 19, 2013

In between weekends.

Just a quick hello from the middle of the week. Been a bizzy one. Been taking Sweet Pea to school every morning. Trying to be helpful. 
I think I have been to the WalMart every day this week. But not tomorrow. I refuse to go tomorrow! 
Getting up and to town first thing in the morning has turned my schedule upside down. Slightly. I really don't mind. But the exercising has had to take a back seat. I was afraid that I would get lazy and just not do it. But. I have exercised every day. In the afternoon. 

Yesterday morning I helped babysit 5 people under the age of 2 for a mother's Bible study group. I had several "tween" helpers that were my salvation. It really was very do-able since it only lasted 2 hours. They were cutie pies. 

Had my bunko fun last night. No. I did not win. Last month was an anomaly. Made a huge casserole of Johnny Marzetti (think beefaroni)...it made enough to take a large amount for bunko last night, and have plenty left for Mr. Macho's supper , AND  take some to Sweet Pea's Mom this morning. We ate it again tonight. The rest went into the freezer. Yum. Good stuff. 

Had a pleasant lunch with my Bible study ladies at the Lion Hills today. We just finished our study on the seven deadly sins. Oh my. I really may be going you-know-where in a hand basket. I am guilty of...well, I was gonna tell you which numbers but I changed my mind. I'll just leave it at - 'I am not perfect'. Shocked? Yea. Right. 

***
Tomorrow I will get the mammies grammed. It has been two years since "The Scare". I found the lump. Contemplated not calling the doctor. Thought better of it. Called the doctor. Didn't tell anyone until after I saw the doctor. Called Mr. Macho from the parking lot of the doctor's office. Told him I was going to have a mammy-gram that very afternoon to check said lump. Scared Mr. Macho to pieces. Daughter was 9 months pregnant and I was actually more scared to call her than Mr. Macho. She had a front row seat to her boss' breast cancer and treatments in the recent past. Pregnant hormones + your Mom's breast lump = horror. It was not a good few days or two weeks. But it all worked out for the best. I had an infection that was surgically cleared out. So. Tomorrow. Mammies in the vise grip. 
Good times man. 

***
Son-in-Town's football team will travel slightly north tomorrow night. We are getting a little weenie-ish in our old age. Rain is in the forecast and I have declared my rain sitting days watching football over. I think we will find alternate entertainment for tomorrow evening. 
***
Daughter has order the cake. AND decided that we need to do lunch at this bakery place. Maybe next week. Have something fun to look forward to. Oh. It's carrot cake. What else? To celebrate #2 birthday of Merritt, Merritt the Super Carrot!
Peace out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment