Monday, September 30, 2013

Raindrops are falling on my head.

Well. Not yet. But it is raining. And. I do plan to go out. So there will be raindrops on my head before the morning is over.

Twas another good and busy weekend. Story tellers Friday night, Saturday morning chores, dance party up north Saturday night. When we arrived at the dance we met our good friends in the parking lot. They were in a hurry to leave due to a family emergency. We were most concerned and it dampened our spirits quite a bit. We went on with our plans but things felt out of kilter. We stayed until the end of the dance - which seemed to drag on slightly - and then took our leave. We stopped at a Sonic in a little hamlet on the way home to garner a 1/2 priced milk shake. Poor girls there did not have on their roller skates that night. They were s-l-o-w. And then. And then. No napkins. Who would not bring napkins with every order?! I, mistakenly, asked for them. She said she would be right back. Five minutes later we just left.

We got home around midnight. Up early on Sunday so we could go to church. Mr. Macho napped off and on for the rest of the day. No. Not me. After a noon meal (and another nap by Mr. M.) we made a quick trip to the Wal-Mart so I could pick up some fabric and a pattern. That accomplished we drove to our little town welcome center to meet and greet Michael Farris Smith and have him sign a copy of his new book "Rivers". He seemed very nice and I got my copy. Sorry I didn't take a picture with him. You know I like the pictures. Anyway. Came on home and started reading - until my eyes started to droop. Then I shut the book and let the teevee lull me to sleep on the couch.

And there you have it.

Much to do this week. Starting to really prepare for the upcoming birthday. Trying to keep it simple, just like Mr. Macho likes it. Oh. And he nixed the new truck idea, totally. There will be no new truck. At least for now. I am at a loss as to any kind of birthday gift. And I really wanted to do something big since this is such a BIG birthday year. Ah well. Maybe something will come to me. Let me know if you have any good ideas.
Be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment