Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Blah, blah, blah.


Whataweek. Political vomit. 
Yesterday I thoroughly enjoyed a Rotary luncheon where the guest speaker was our former governor, Haley Barbour. His topic was energy. Interesting and forward thinking comments about what our focus needs to be. His opinion is that we need to not be dependent on any one energy source. I liked his comment that went something like, "It is good to be hopeful. It is better to be knowledgable!" He is certainly knowledgable. He gave us much insight about what is happening with energy in our very own state. He spoke about nuclear energy, natural gas, oil, costs, and projections...

After he spoke he opened the floor for questions and the very last one had to do with our current "crisis". Wisely he said that the government shut down is not the answer. After, at least, 40 votes to try and repeal the ACA it is not going to happen. The votes to repeal, defund, or delay the health care act are simply not there. At this point we need to just let the chips fall where they may.
IF the ACA is as bad as we think it is going to be THEN speak loudly with your vote. 

Two of my girlie friends, the Guv-nah, and me. 

***
Son-in-town called this morning to let me know there was a red sky on his way to school. And we know what this means. Possible thunderstorms today. Guess I will get those baseboard finished, after all. 

It was a little comical to me that yesterday I was on my hands and knees washing the baseboards, took time out to shower and go rub elbows with the former governor, then come home and get back on my hands and knees to wash some more baseboards. That's how I roll. 

*****

Slowly, every so slowly, I am finishing the baby afghan with the bubble stitch that I started months ago. I feel like it is holding me up from starting other projects. So I must complete it! Soon.

And on with the day!
Be sweet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment