Friday, October 18, 2013

Black and Gold.

It is Homecoming tonight. Our beloved Trojans will play one of the toughest teams in the division, if not the toughest. Who made the schedule? Anyway. Finally we have football temps. It was 48 degrees when we woke up this morning. Brrrr. I am still wearing shorts and t-shirts. I haven't taken out fall clothes. Yet. Perhaps this will be on my agenda for the weekend.

What is surely on my agenda is a big pot of chili tomorrow!! Yum. I like to cook it for hours. Also, we have lots of small branches that need to be burned. I think we will put our little fire pit to good use and get rid of that pile of kindling out in the yard. When it burns down to coals we might just light some marshmallows up and enjoy! Gooey. Warm. Slightly charred on the outside. Score!

One by one my pumpkin decorations have grown beards and started to rot. I don't know pumpkins. I guess they were out in the weather too long before I bought them. One by one they are making their way to my compost. My Thanksgiving cacti are  looking rather healthy right now. No buds. But healthy. I do hope they bloom.

Today? Today I am on the hunt for some slacks that fit. And hunting for that 18 inch zipper. Will travel far and wide in the search. I'll let you know if I find success.
Be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment