Monday, October 7, 2013

Running shoes on. Check.

With Superman speed we whizzed through the weekend.

Friday night we enjoyed a lovely meal, compliments of Uncle Pete. He, Kaye, Paulette, and the two of us had a nice visit at Paulette's house then converged on J. Broussard's. Fried olives. That's all I'm saying. Yum. After we parted we had time to catch the second half of our Trojan football game. And we were victorious! Bonus.

Saturday started great. Ended poorly. Mixed messages and non-communication made it a tense day. I had arranged for us to dance at a retirement home with our friends. Mr. Macho's signals were not clear to me. Until. We reached the home and I realized he was angry. Instead of opting out of the rest of the day (he had a choice) he agreed to go ahead and go along with the social agenda that was planned. By the end of the day he was miserable and I was as tense as Dick's hat band.

Sunday dawned without any discussion of the previous day's stress. After church we drove east and met up with Daughter and family and enjoyed a lunch at the Northport Diner. It was pretty good diner fare, only everything in the place was so sticky. And there were no adults in charge. They left the place in the hands of harried teenagers. And. The check out procedure was inexcusable. So. We have BEEN to Northport Diner. (That means we won't go back.)

We dropped the children off at home. Daughter got Merritt settled for her nap. And we headed for Sam's. She shopped. We shopped. I got most everything on my list. Then we headed back to her house. Visited for a while longer. Then drove home.

We expected cool temps all weekend. They didn't start to arrive until we were on our way back home from Daughter's house. This morning, when Mr. Macho was leaving, I felt a rush of cool air when he opened the door. My computer tells me it is 50 degrees! Yeehaw!

This morning. I broached the subject of the weekend miscommunications. I apologized for subjecting Mr. Macho to a long afternoon that he did not enjoy. I asked that he be more clear when he is not inclined to participate. It will be easier. On both of us. I feel better now.

This week. We are in birthday mode. Yesterday we made some fun "Happy Birthday to Mr. Macho" purchases at Sam's. He got them set up. But dadgum if these gadgets aren't smarter than we are. We need our tech-savy chilluns to come home and teach us how to use these high falutin' thangs. I hope we eventually learn how to use and enjoy them. Geez. We are getting to be geezers.

Got to run to the gym. Then make it to my Loaves and Fish. By default I am the cole slaw mixer now. I am needed.
Be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment