Thursday, October 24, 2013

A little post.

I have begun to teach myself to quilt. I am starting small. Nine squares. I like it. So far. I really needed a new project. No. Really. I think I have been in a creative funk. I walk in circles. When I am in the funk. 
And now? I'm back to walking in a straight line. I am crocheting, again. I might even pick up a piece of charcoal or a paint brush pretty soon. 

I am also beginning to practice keeping my own countenance. The art of staying quiet. I am not good at this. I am better at interrupting and making myself heard. This morning someone in my Bible study group said I looked like I was about to erupt...didn't I want to share? I just said, "no". 

I called someone the wrong name at Wal-Mart this morning. She said hello and kept going. But it was driving me crazy. I knew I had said the wrong name as soon as we passed one another. Thank goodness she needed something on the flour/spice/sugar/oil aisle. That is where I apologized. She said she didn't even hear it. I said it obviously bothered me more than her. Whoops! It was all good in the end. 

We still haven't turned on any heat. Haven't needed it, yet. I am seeing facebook posts about snow and cold weather up north. Tomorrow night we might have a freeze. I think I want to leave the heat off and just pile blankets on the bed. It sounds so cozy. Hot cocoa! That's all I'm saying. 

I will leave you with my final thought for the day...internet shopping is way too easy. 
Do your best. 
Be sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment