Sunday, September 8, 2013

Week end.

The week wound down with a bang and a sigh. Friday I happened to be in the right place at the right time and was able to be of service to sweet Daughter-in-law. I drove her to a quickly arranged visit with a lactation nurse. The nurse came out and spoke with me while DIL was tending to Millie. I did not realize how tense I was feeling until then. As the lovely Nurse Susan spoke with me I physically felt my body start to relax. She spoke with kindness and confidence and I just felt so much better for having driven DIL to this appointment! I sensed from DIL that she, too, felt much better having met with Nurse Susan.

Daughter and family came over to meet the newest member of the family on Saturday. It was a hot mess. It was chaos. But. That is how we roll.

This is such a good snap of Millie really looking at Aunt Daughter. Lauren and Merritt surrounded her with cousin love. 

Like riding a bike. Tucker remembered just how to hold a baby since he had "holding" experience with his little sister. He was gentle and careful.

Lauren loves the babies. She is a terrific big sister, older cousin, and baby holder. She knows just how to cradle a baby. 

The Super Carrot liked ringing the wooden chimes in the back yard. She was all chatty and running (as in escaping). She is still a bit of a rough love. But oh does she love! Her sister. And brother. And cousins! To pieces!
***
The house is back in order. Oldest Sister and Sister in Town, along with their spouses, are invited for some cool beverages this evening. Oldest Sister is traveling through on her way back home. She has been visiting her oldest, in Kentucky. Helping his family move and celebrating her 50th wedding anniversary. 
***
Sigh. It was good week. Full of growing, stretching, and loving. Gentle. Rough. What-ev. Family love. Nothing like it. Nowhere. Nohow. 
Peace out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment