Thursday, January 16, 2014

Bella luna!

I wish you could have seen the moon last night. Daughter had called early in the evening to give me the heads up. I love the big moon. Her's was viewed on the drive home from work, I think. Anyway. For her it looked touchable. By the time I was heading out to my bunko group it was high in the sky. But oh so big. And bright. I tried to stop and take a picture of it through the trees. But the phone camera just doesn't do it justice. So I deleted the photos soon as I took them. I just could not capture the crisp orb that was hanging up there. I wanted to rope it. Own it. Keep it. Rats. I just had to enjoy the moment of it.

Yesterday was busy and full of the drama. In the morning I got an early workout then went to babysit for the preschool mother's Bible study class at the Methodist church. I stay with the 5 year olds. They are a rambunctious lot. When the weather warms I hope we can play outside because this groups loves to run. Constant reminders to use their inside feet go unheeded and unnoticed.

Now for the drama. And I will only speak on this briefly, for now. Son-in-Town has been an assistant football coach at our local high school. Yesterday, under extenuating circumstances, he was named "interim head coach". Choosing the career of a high school football coach means accepting that, at some point, you will be fired. We find no comfort or any good feelings when it is the other guy that gets let go. We are sad for him and his family. It hurts. We know that it will happen to us sooner or later. The drama is in the letting go. The former head coach is not willing to let it go. Even for the sake of his players. He is choosing to make this hard on himself, and on his former team. These young high school men do not deserve to be dragged into the fray. It will be a rough road.

***
We had some new ladies at our bunko game last night. My partner for the night was my new friend, Maureen. She had not played before and was slow to warm to the game. But we had her laughing by the end of the night. She seemed to enjoy herself and I got the feeling that she will be back. I made some yummy pistachio ambrosia and some good chili chicken nuggets to share last night. It was my turn to decorate. Thank you Dollar Tree!! I went with a New Year's theme and put a party hat with some paper party blow things on the table, along with some firecracker-type decorations. Just right. 

On with the day, I say! I am about to suit up and head to the gym to walk my three miles 'cause it is  crazy cold outside. Then on to the Bible study. Then on to the Walmart. Then home to make some chicken pot pies. One for us. One for my across the street neighbor whose mother passed away this week. Not unexpected. But sad, nonetheless. 

No. The afghan is not finished. Yet. I am working on it. I will let you know. 
Adios. Be sweet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment