Sunday, January 5, 2014

Nap time.

Good Sunday. Good weekend. Starting on Friday when I drove east to stay with Lauren and Tucker for the day while their Mom and Dad went to work. Their Christmas holidays will be over tomorrow when school will reopen, weather permitting. Friday was great. Lauren and Tucker are now old enough that is is easy peasy to take them to McDonald's. They can get their own drink, straws, napkins, ketchup. No more happy meals and broken toys. Whew. And. I just enjoyed being with them. It was a good day.
Yesterday Mr. Macho and I packed up Christmas and put it in the attic and closet. Except the Nativity. It will get packed up later this week. It needs to stay out past the Epiphany. Which is today. Which means carnival season starts tomorrow. Hopefully I will get my Mardi Gras wreath re-worked this afternoon. It is looking rather tired.
Last night Sweet Pea and Millie came over to play. The Pea ate a good supper. Played well. Then had a fun time watching Dora on her Grandaddy's new Kindle. Millie had a slight crying jag. It ended with a very full diaper and a 30 minute nap. It was all good. Millie enjoyed the baby rattles I revived from the toy basket. She especially liked the one with the smiley face. She just kept smiling back at it.
We made it to the Wal-Mart after church this morning to pick up a few essentials. Fruits and veggies and cereal. Just got finish eating a pretty good spaghetti and a very yummy salad. I have a cheap little paperback story that I am about to finish. Think I will try to snooze, too.
Much to do this week. Hungry people to feed. Birthday celebrations with friends. Bible study resumes. Plus all the mundane duties that life mets out week by week. And. Crocheting! I am closing in on getting this other granny square afghan finished. It has gone much faster than the last. I can hear Dad laughing.
So far, the New Year is bringing improved outlooks and emotions for me. I am hopeful.
Be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment