Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The good. The bad. And the ugly.

Today. Tuesday. Cold day. Cold is on the way. More to say. 

The good. 
Good dance class last night. 
Anticipation of Daughter's stem cell donation trip. 
Having lunch with Town-Sister to celebrate her upcoming birthday. 
The sunshine.
Clear starlit sky last night.
Photo of two year old in curlers.

The bad.
One brother-in-law's hard journey of cancer treatment and now serious stroke. 

The ugly.
Football coach situation. 
Nuff said.

***

Phone dump. Maybe a week and a half's worth...

Good tea at the computer. Note taped to the screen is the name of a Newtown victim whose family I continue to pray for. She was born the same year as me. 

Some call these Thanksgiving cactus. Others call them Christmas cactus. Me? This year I am naming them Martin Luther King, Jr. cactus. I left them outside for the longest time. Afraid the buds would fall off if I brought them inside. It delayed the blooming. I love the fuschia. Love. Four pots of these. Two severely damaged by the cold. Two look pretty darn good. Considering I am their caretaker. 

Two Sundays ago we got invited to play with Sweet Pea on the school playground. The afternoon grew cold very fast as the sun slipped down. 

 But. There were a few minutes of serious fun.

Swinging led to laughing led to more swinging. 

On the instructions of the Pea these two entered the monkey bar dome. Big bodies. Small spaces. You get the picture. 

Sunday dinner. I don't really mean to toot my own horn. But. It was so good. I used the Zoe's cole slaw recipe that I found online. Feta cheese, green onion, cole slaw mix, with a vinaigrette dressing. Mexican lasagna = lasagna with Mexican flavors instead of Italian...I made it up. Roasted broccoli and roasted green tomatoes. Oh. My. Gosh. Even Mr. Macho liked the green tomatoes. He had a most negative anticipation that got turned around. I thoroughly enjoyed watching his opinion change in mid-taste. 


*****
Cold snap complete with more frigid temps is due to arrive today. I opened the shades and realized that I am looking for spring. Already. I am thinking of green buds. And dirt. Way too early. Such are the symptoms of hope. 
I want to see things grow.
Be sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment