Friday, January 24, 2014

Wrap this week up. In a blanket.

Frigid temps have made me just want to curl up on the sofa and drink hot beverages all week long. Golden sunsets and sunrises have punctuated each day. The week winds down to the hum of the heater cutting on and off. I have traded short sleeve night gowns for long underwear and fuzzy socks.

Great things have not been accomplished this week. And. That is okay. Wednesday my kitchen looked a hot mess with every surface dirty from the construction of two casseroles. Two and a half dishwashers full of dirty things. I will deliver these gifts to Daughter when I travel to her house on Sunday. Thursday I was roused from sleep to quick help with Millie. In 30 minutes I jumped out of bed, brushed my teeth, threw on my clothes, grabbed a cup of coffee and a waffle, and was out the door headed for her house. She had an upset tummy and both parents needed to go in different directions together. So. I filled the gap. For a short period. She was fine.

Daughter is going to be a stem cell donor next week. We do not know the recipient. Only that he is a 16 year old male.  I think of him and his parents. Waiting, waiting. Please, God, let this be his ticket to a healthy life.

She offers hope. She is marrow. This mother is awed.

No comments:

Post a Comment