Thursday, June 26, 2014

Time and energy.

Grocery store beat out my Bible study this morning. I had to choose. At this juncture I am struggling to keep moving and feel even the slightest bit productive every day. Mornings are by far better than afternoons. This week I have taken over the counter meds morning and night. Yesterday I had my third massage. It hurt. Monday is my first visit to the orthopedic office in town. Okay. Subject change...

We took Lauren home Tuesday evening. She was a little bored at Nanny's house. I had planned to drive her home Wednesday but she asked to go home early. She was missing her family and the comfort of home. She was a sweet house guest...putting up with my lack of motivation, being agreeable and helpful, allowing me to brush her hair and make pigtails and buy her clothes that she wasn't originally excited about. We did do some fun things...

Fairly recently Lauren discovered that she 'loooves' the spinach dip. She constructed some on one of her first days here. She ate some at nearly every meal until it was all gone. She decided that it goes good on pizza! She also made breakfast cookies while she was here. They were a hit!! For breakfast and snack. Thanks Pinterest!

She was a good sport and attended yoga class at the YMCA with me. She liked the pool zumba better.

After running several errands Friday morning we dined at the Chick Fil A. 

After lunch we took in a movie. 

Clean hair picture. Isn't she beautiful!

We worked on a couple of art projects. Got this idea straight from Pinterest, too. Crayons and water color paint. 

Last day here was a state run off election. She went with me and we both got "I voted" stickers. Lauren didn't want hers. I promise, I only voted one time. The glasses she is sporting are a spare pair of reading glasses I use at the computer sometimes. 

Rainy day picnic last day here. Vienna sausages, strawberries, a mini carrot, a sugar snap pea, and a package of Pringle sticks. Oh, and ranch on the side. Always the ranch. 

I miss you, Lauren. It was too quiet Wednesday morning when we woke up and ate breakfast. I didn't have anyone to help get the groceries inside today. There are no little fingers under the bathroom door any longer. (She used to do this when she was very little. She still does it.)
***
Time is marching on. Beach Boy and his family have one foot out of town, already. Tomorrow they will load the big truck for the long haul. Mr. Macho will assist. In a little more than a week their life here will be in the history book. 
My prayer is that the next chapter will be full of love and happy times. God bless them on their journey. 




No comments:

Post a Comment