Thursday, October 22, 2015

Brighter days.

My little garden club did a good thing today. It is an annual project. We go to an adult day care in town and help the guests redo their flower boxes that sit on the lovely deck at the center. 
It is a joy. We all dug in the dirt. We all chose from a variety of lovely plants. We all covered the roots. We enjoyed the sunshine. We talked. We worked side by side.

This new friend talked about her arthritis. She talked about loosing her tummy. She talked about heart trouble and exercising. She was in contact with her purse constantly. She wanted to know if I was going to put her picture in the newspaper. She asked if I knew how to take a picture with a phone and then proceeded to hand me a very dated phone. I'm not sure if it was even functional. I tried to find how to snap a picture with it. And failed. She wasn't upset. She was lovely. 

The name of the center is Brighter Days Adult Center.  Other ladies helped with digging up the weeds and getting the soil ready. 

Friendship was planted today. I look forward to doing this again. 

Y'all be sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment