Monday, October 26, 2015

Cc comes to town.

What a great weekend. Cecilia (aka Cc) and her mom and dad drove up Friday for a visit. It was also their fifth wedding anniversary. I got to babysit while the parents enjoyed a lunch date. Cecilia behaved herself very sweetly. She is a good baby. And she got lots of love this weekend. She didn't complain, much. 

Cc was bright eyed! She is finding her voice and likes to squeal. A little. 

Daughter and the Super Carrot loved holding the baby. Um, do you notice the bling on the Carrot's fingers? That girl, the queen of accessories. 

Cousin, Tucker, teaching Cc to like football. 

Out of Town Son sporting the whiskers. And it isn't even "No Shave November"! In honor of fall we decorated the beard. He was a good sport. I don't know about that photo bomber, though. 

I so enjoyed all the family that was here. It was just good. The cousins all wanted to hold Cecilia. All. The. Time. But, hey. How can you complain about too much family love? Reminders to be gentle and not pat her head were delivered. Merritt gave Cc lots of wet smooches. 
I wish you could have seen how cute Lauren looked in her church dress and boots Sunday morning. She is a looker! So, so stylish. 

After a good lunch of pork loin, potatoes, cole slaw, broccoli, and carrots, our children took their leave. Quiet descended. 
Back to routine. 
***
The weekend had its creepy moments...


Before anyone arrived I found this stalker on my doorstep. She was carrying about one million babies on her back. She met an early demise and so did many of her offspring. I sprayed and stomped into oblivion. 

Sunday morning, as I was getting ready for church, a funny thing happened. I brushed my teeth then dried my hair. When I started to put on my makeup I looked down in my sink and there was a tree frog!!!! It freaked me out. It had come up my sink drain. I called for the grandchildren to come see and for Mr. Macho to come capture the amphibian. Catch and release. I really don't like the tree frogs, but I know we need them around. I just can't emphasize how creepy it was. 
 *****

Here is my ag report. I didn't do so well on the sweet potato harvest. I only got these tiny specimens. Not enough to bother with. Oh well. There's always next year. 
Carry on future farmers. 
**
I have to give a shout out to all my teams for this past weekend! Can I get a woot-woot?!! From high school to college to professional - my teams won! Hip. Hip. Hooray!

***
Welcome rainy day!
 Ahh. Even though it feels rather warm today, it looks like fall with wet roads and lots of leaves on the ground. We needed the rain rather desperately. 
I have plenty to do today. I am waiting for a call back from my egg lady. I am down to only one egg. I have floors that need sweeping and dust that needs chasing. I am enjoying my current book - Anna Karenina by Tolstoy. Still working on three crochet projects, slowly. 
This week I have two bunko parties, dance, lunch with friends, free flu shots at the hospital, and who knows what else on the agenda. 

I am going to try a new chicken buffalo salad recipe for one of my bunkos this week. I'll let you know how it is received. What new things will you try this week? 
My adventurous spirit has felt dried out recently. Maybe this rain will wash out the cobwebs and renew my pep. Let's hope.
Be sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment