Sunday, October 18, 2015

Picture perfect.

This day. Cloudless blue sky. Low humidity. Cool. Leaves changing. And falling. We took a walk before mid-day dinner. No jacket. Too cool at the start. Warm glow finish.

This afternoon. Chilly and quiet. I tried to read on the porch in a jacket. A new book. Leo Tolstoy. Anna Karenina. Back inside. Remove the jacket. More reading. Then I gave in to the call of the sunshine, donned the jacket, and went to remove rocks from my garden. Picked up acorns. Watered my soon-to-be-harvested sweet potatoes. More quiet.

The adventure that was yesterday has vanished. Driving back roads. Over rolling hills and through small towns. We drove and drove to help celebrate the 50th wedding anniversary of old friends we haven't seen in years. Hugs and happiness were abundant. It's so good to see you. Cake and nuts. Visit with the grown children and almost grown grandchildren. I was his first baby sitter. He is almost an educated nurse. Come see me. Come back soon. Time flies. Then more driving. A Mexican dinner. Home for more ball games. And sleep.

Then Sunday. Quiet day. Spaces in between. Concentric circles.
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment